LC Technologies’ Eyegaze Edge is an eye-operated communication and control system that enables people with disabilities to communicate and interact with the world. Users can generate speech, either by typing a message or selecting pre-programmed phrases, by looking at control keys or cells displayed on a screen.
Eyegaze Edge Systems are being used to write books, attend school and enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities all over the world. The LC Technologies team is always pleased to hear about the ways our devices are improving lives. We’d like to share some of their stories with you, too.
Here are eight testimonials from users who have made the Eyegaze Edge part of their daily lives:
1. “There are people fighting much more difficult situations than mine, especially children for whom this technology is their access to learning, to relationships, to fun, to life. The possibilities are limitless.” Joe, NC
2. “Thank you and everyone you work with. [My son] Jack is laying on his hospital bed right now using his Eyegaze to chat with his friends on Facebook, check his email, and he just posted on his web page. The nurses and doctors are amazed watching him do all of this with a breathing tube in his throat and about 20 other assorted lines attached to various parts of his body.” Al, PA
3. “My son Jason is 16 years old and he has cerebral palsy. ‘Dad, I need you’ is one of the many things I hear on a daily basis that I never imagined I would hear. Today I couldn’t imagine life without this device. They have given my son a platform to stand on that can lead him to his own independence.” Scott, CA
4. “I can read books using Kindle, listen to music, email, surf the web, play games. Online, I am once again my old self. Without it I would be a prisoner in my body, with it I am the same smart guy I used to be, with the exception of being paralyzed.” Curt, MI
5. “Love this thing. It has given me my life back on my terms. Cheers! Charlie, CA
6. “I can write to my older grandchildren and really enjoy getting emails back from them. I wrote a short book for my four-year-old grandson. Praise God for this wonderful technology. Thank You, Thank You!” Lynn, GA
7. “My arms and hands were deteriorating quite rapidly, meaning I couldn’t work anymore. The Eyegaze saved my software engineering job. I can control a Mac and do everything with my eyes that I used to do with my hands. I can respond to email, I can program, I can control debuggers, I can surf the web, and I can hold conversations.” Jim, MA
8. “I have been tweeting using my eyes since Jan 2012! @Eyegaze has given me the freedom to use my Mac, just using my eyes. #ALS #MDA” @PhillipAzud